Community of doers
At Impact Charitable, we partner with bold funders who are looking to disrupt traditional models of philanthropy. We are dedicated to helping fill existing capital gaps by collaborating with public and private funders who want to mobilize their assets into their communities in creative and impactful ways. We offer a suite of capital-ready philanthropic and investment opportunities, but we specialize in partnering with funders who are looking to meet an unmet need with a creative, new or underutilized tool. For almost a decade, we’ve been innovating how we invest in our community, looking across sectors and investment types for deep impact.
In our dual capacity as an accelerator for big, bold ideas and a provider of creative investment tools, we embrace risk. And our community of catalytic philanthropists understand that they have the power to take the risks that institutions, governments and businesses cannot. Together, we are building bridges between funders and community needs that have been neglected by persistent and harmful capital gaps. We collectivize our knowledge and strategies, working on integrated approaches to policy, community partnerships, philanthropy and investment.
Impact Investing Support Services
We are ready to be a resource and a partner with you to:
- Source investments and provide transaction services to complete direct impact investments into for-profit, nonprofit ventures and funds.
- Create community-driven special purpose “thematic” funds based on:
- Types of capital (flexible debt, equity etc.)
- Community focus (BIPOC, etc.)
- Thematic area: Food Systems, Flexible, low-cost capital
- Bring together like-minded funders for pooled investments
- Construct integrated capital portfolios in areas of interest, such as local food systems, place-based investing
- Learn through investment management and reporting
- Share lessons learned and promising practices
We can utilize a range of tools including Donor-Advised Funds, Special Purpose Funds, Pooled Investing Funds, Giving Circles and other philanthropic vehicles to activate assets for social and environmental impact.